Welcome to the custom steel ute tray price list page.
Use the guide prices below and pick from the following accessories to build your own custom tray.
Once you have a good idea of the options you want, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details, vehicle details and colour and we’ll get in touch with a personalized quote and answer any questions you may have.
A bit about us.
Located in Sydney, our trays are all designed in-house using the latest CAD software giving you a personalised service with your desired options and at a price you can afford. Our pride in workmanship and quality of product is second to none and care taken at every stage to give you the best quality tray we can offer.
Why are they expensive? Because we spare no expense when it comes to attention to detail, use the highest quality accessories and the parts and materials we purchase. Every nut, bolt and mechanical fixing we use is stainless steel, every weld is dressed back for a smoother finish. We believe our personal interaction with our customers is important & letting them have an input to the tray design, we update our clients throughout the build with emails and photos. This all takes time.
Being on the Northern Beaches of Sydney our overheads and wages are higher than say North Queensland or Western NSW so unfortunately its reflected in our prices. That being said, due to our coastal location we really give a shit about our paint finish and rust prevention and to provide you with a product that will last the test of time. If your after a cheaply knocked up job, something mass produced and expect it done next week you’re at the wrong place.
Now, down to business.
STEEL TRAY CHASSIS
These prices are inclusive of setup costs, ordering and material delivery, detailed AutoCAD drawings specifically tailored to your needs. Tray chassis includes fully welded construction, supplied in raw steel finish. All external welds sanded flush, rubbed back and ready for paint. Includes model specific chassis mounts to suit your vehicle, fully enclosed construction (no open tube for water ingress) and provisions added for your chosen accessories.
Our base price includes a 50 x 75 x 2 RHS mitred headboard for a smart modern look that is shaped to protect your vehicle cabin. All external welds are ground and dressed flush while remain strong to load up for trade use. Our headboard design matches our aluminum canopy profile to give a sleek matching seamless look and will suit most trade toolbox profiles.
Our standard tailboard design includes 50 x 50 x 2 mitred SHS, fully enclosed steel work with all welds ground and dressed flush. Cut-outs for your chosen tail lights, LED number plate light, and 4x M6 nutserts for affixing your number plate.
Inclusive standard features:
- 345mm high backboard panel with 2.5mm treadplate affixed both sides
- 2 x 35mm pipe TIG welded diagonal braces.
- Provisions for mudguard mounting.
- Re-use of OEM genuine fuel filler neck between cab and tray
- 1-piece 2.5mm high polish tread plate mudguards. TIG welded with beveled edge and adjustable presets to match your wheel offset. Includes mud flaps and S/S hardware.
- Dual cab – Anywhere from 1700/1850W x 1850L $2400
- Space cab – Anywhere from 1700/1800W x 2100L $2500
- Single cab – Anywhere from 1700/1850W x 2400L $2600
- Custom size $POA
- Upgrade headboard to 3″ 76×3.2 Mandrel bent CHS $695
- Upgrade to stainless lockable fuel filler with alloy fairing panels both sides $300
- Change headboard diagonal braces to 4x 40 x 40 x 2 SHS vertical bars $60
- Removable flush-mount rear ladder rack ( 75 x 75 x 3 SHS ) $625
- Removable flush-mount rear ladder rack ( Mandrel bent 3″ pipe ) $795
- Laser cut stainless headboard panel (we use S/S to eliminate future rusting $840
- Factory reverse camera install on stainless steel tab (using existing harness) $125
- OEM factory reverse sensor install (using factory harness) mounted under tray on stainless steel brackets $239
- OEM factory reverse sensors integrated into tailboard for a flush premium finish (hidden wiring within SHS. Involves re-wiring of sensors & installing new wiring loom $595
The tray size is your choice. Its your car, so its your decision and responsibility on how you load it up. We’ve made trays for dual cabs from 1700L to 2000L and both meet ADR and ROH requirements (rear over hang of 60% of wheelbase). Be smart about weight distribution over your axle when planning build.
Our trays are built using premium grade 5mm 5052 5-bar mirror finish aluminium treadplate for a robust, non-slip, lightweight and rust free finish. The deck is fixed to our framework using M6 Countersunk stainless set screws for a serviceable under-tray area for ease of maintenance of things like dual batteries, water tank senders/filters etc. Using alloy reduces weight eliminates the problems with rust and ugly paint wear.
All tray sizes $855
- Stainless steel flush mount lashing rings within tray $85 each
- Mirror stainless steel scuff plates on the top edge of tray $85 per side
- Aluminium multi-point tie down track affixed along top edge of tray sides $350
- Aluminium multi-point tie down track affixed to backboard $165
- Aluminium multi-point tie down track affixed to rear of tray $165
- Large tie-downs for multi-point track $19 each
- Small tie-downs for multi-point track $19 each
- 40mm ratchet straps $25 each
- 20mm cam lock tie downs – 5 pack $20 (x5)
Custom made from 3mm press folded aluminium sheet our sides are solid. Not your typical extruded aluminium sides with rivets. They include mirror finish stainless steel strap hinges with bushes, stainless steel high quality over centre latches, TIG welded end plates which are then fitted with rubber pads to prevent rattles or paint scratches. The insides are then clad in mirror polish aluminium propeller plate to protect the sides from further wear can now double your sides as ramps for ATV’s quads and the like.
- All tray sizes including all hardware (250mm high) $1850
- Upgrade to 300mm high Add $199
- Optional mirror stainless top scuff plates $145
We believe the paint finishing process is one of the most important parts of building a quality product. Being situated on the coast with salt in the air, rust is the biggest killer of any poorly treated steel.
Our trays are firstly sent away to be professionally sandblasted back to bare metal, straight after they are then sprayed using a high-fill Dulux GPE Duremax zinc phosphate epoxy primer. The ultimate in rust prevention. See PDS here: http://www.duspec.com.au/duspec/file/AUDI1116.pdf
Then the entire tray is seam sealed. Same process car manufacturers use. We do this to give the tray a longer life, otherwise any join in two metals that doesn’t get adequate paint therefore over time water/moisture will make its way in and get under the paint and start rusting.
The tray is then sent over to our panel beater, it is then rubbed back and given a showroom quality 2-pac gloss finish in the booth and baked for a hard wearing, long lasting finish computer matched to your vehicles VIN. If your vehicle paint is metallic, it gets an extra high gloss 2-pac clear coat. We outsource this process to keep our quality at its max and a finish as good as your car.
These prices are inclusive of all transport costs to and from the sandblaster, industrial painters and panel beaters.
Prices: (All tray sizes, excluding sideboards)
- Sandblast and zinc phosphate primer $1350
- 2pac showroom quality finish (tray only) $2100
- Add side boards $325
- Add under-tray toolboxes & filler neck fairings $475
- Colour coded mudguards $240
We also offer a Raptor Coat finish on the whole tray. A cheaper option as there is no need for sandblasting and baked 2-pac thus eliminating outscoring our painting services. The tray will be rubbed back, etch primed, seam sealed, then two coats of Raptor Coat (black) for a durable long lasting tough finish. Details of the product here https://www.raptorliner.com.au/
Prices: (based on black finish)
- Basic tray chassis (all sizes) $1490
- Tread plate deck $590
- Add Mudguards $150
- Add under-tray toolboxes $375
TRUNDLE TRAY / DRAWER
Designed on CAD and manufactured using CNC Turret punching machinery for a high quality and consistently accurate product. Made from galvanized sheet & fitted with 2 x compression locks & 227KG rated draw slides.
The draw has been designed to nest neatly into the rear section of your tailboard, almost unnoticeable. We have incorporated 2 locks so the number plate is symmetrical with the car. One smart feature is our recessed LED number plate light doubles as a trundle tray light.
- Complete trundle draw package – 1100L x 723W x 146H $1299
- Optional self-install sheet metal dividers. 720 x 120mm $22 Each
- Led interior light $85
We make our mudguards from 2.5mm high polish alloy treadplate and are included in the tray chassis base price at the top of this page. They are made in one piece and cover nearly 180 deg of your wheel. Our modern design has them poking out past your tray slightly to protect your vehicle and paint from mud and stone chips.
Our guards are easily removable using M6 stainless bolts from within the wheel well. We think alike so we’ve added some adjustment holes so adjusting your mudguards to suit your wheel offset can be done in minutes.
With TIG welded mitres, affixed with stainless steel bolts and includes 5mm rubber mud flaps. Our standard guards are polished treadplate but we also have a mill finish alloy option if you’re not into shiny things, Just let us know your choice.
As avid 4wd and camping enthusiasts, we are familiar with 4wd’s, camping and touring set-ups, tradie set-ups and can help you supply and fit any accessory you have in mind. From dual batteries and battery management systems to inverters, fridges, compressors, solar and lighting.
The prices below are inclusive of installation with a new wiring harness and connected to the existing vehicles wiring circuit where need be. Most gear is stand-alone and will not affect your vehicles electrical system in any way. All lights & tail lights are waterproof LED’s and compatible with new CAN bus vehicles.
- LED Autolamps clear strip combos (2 per side) $260
- Flush mount LED reverse flood lights (2 per side) $80
- Maxilamp 3 gang tail lights $715
- Headboard mounted flood lights x 2 (external waterproof switch) $220
- Headboard mounted flood lights x 2 (wireless keyring fob) $420
- Headboard integrated strip LED combo’s x2 (brake, parker, blinker) $300
You’ve gone this far to build your dream ute, why not get your accessories professionally installed at the same time. That way its concealed under your tray and easily accessible from simply lifting out the tread plate deck, all right there. We use quality hardware and fittings and try our best to buy Australian made products where we can.
The prices below are inclusive of installation with a new wiring and fused circuits, plumbed to be maintenance free and includes filters where need be. If there’s something missing below, just ask.
- Turn-key dual battery system mounted under-tray. Includes custom battery cradle, 105AH AGM sealed deep cycle battery, CTEK D250SA DC-DC smart charger with solar input & integrated regulator. Includes 50a Anderson plug at rear of vehicle. $1855
- Add CTEK Smartpass to the above dual battery system $450
- Turn key compressed air system mounted under tray. Includes Viair 444C 12v 100% duty cycle @100psi, 200psi compressor (black edition), 9L aluminium TIG welded air tank, fused 40a circuit with auto 150PSI cut-off switch, 1x ARB outlet within toolbox. $1075
- Add second 9L alloy tank & change to 2x ARB outlets one each side of tray $325
- Add second Viair 444C black series compressor (will halve the load & double the CFM) Includes extra fused circuit etc. $395
- 80L Poly water tank mounted under-tray. Includes brass breather, BSP threaded plumbing fittings and a brass tap outlet at rear of tray (gravity fed system, uses same tap to fill tank from town water) $1095
- Add 12v 17LPM water pump with pressure cut-off switch. Includes fused circuit & second brass tap outlet at rear of tray. $420
- Add generic in-line activated carbon water filter. $65
- Add 5 stage ECO water filter, certified to remove sediment rust chlorine taste and odour. Includes KDF media to protect against bacteria growth. (reduces outlet to 8LPM) $300
UNDER-TRAY TAPERED TOOLBOXES
Made from TIG welded 2.5mm aluminium, designed on CAD and with the use of CNC laser cut parts our boxes are made with precision and to the highest standard. With 10mm shadow gaps from the surrounding tray & mudguard, they look the part and hold heaps of gear.
Boasting double return folds on the body and lid, weatherproof dust seals, chrome whale tail lock, tamper proof rust-proof hinges and stainless steel fixings. Our standard box price below includes epoxy etch primer and a showroom quality 2-pack paint finish to match your tray.
- Standard tapered box as described above $650 each
- LED internal cabin light $80 each
- Keyless entry, wired to your vehicles existing door locks $375 p/pair
TOW BARS & ROOF RACKS
Why not let us take care of your accessory needs, all under one roof.
While your vehicle is with us for the tray fitment we can supply and fit any style of roof rack or weight rated tow bar on the market. We can also arrange to upgrade your GVM if you plan on towing or packing weight. (selected vehicles only)
For prices please contact us.
As you have already gathered, our trays are made to order. We don’t have them sitting around. To design and manufacture your tray from scratch takes around 5 weeks, depending on work loading then it’s off to sandblasting & painting. The whole coating process takes from 2-4 weeks variably depending on our coaters lead times. Once we have the tray back its time to book in your vehicle. Install generally takes around 3-7 days depending on what you order.
We require 40% deposit on acceptance of the official quote and remainder (cleared funds) due on completion/pick up. We accept cash, EFT and take credit card payments with a 2.5% surcharge. We are currently working towards a finance option.
New Car Purchases.
If you’re considering purchasing a new vehicle from a dealership, let us know. We can work with your preferred dealer Australia wide and have your new tray fitted and taken care of before you pick it up.
Doing it this way means you don’t get stuck with an unwanted tray we take off, there’s no logistical inconvenience of having to leave us your new car, and why not get the tray and accessories included in the purchase price or finance at the dealership.
We are already known to our local dealers and are their preferred accessory installer so feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Note: All prices above exclude GST.
13058 Total Views 3 Views Today